Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Assignment #4

Assignment # 4 focuses on still life. We were instructed to go out to Google and search for images to inspire us. We were told to select any subject that interests us and turn in 3 of the best shots. Goal here is not to use window or door light unless it was diffused and directional. So...I chose to use artificial light.

For my subject I shot some champagne flutes I have on a mirror I borrowed from a neighbor. I'll be sure to post revisions once I have them as two have a line in the image itself where my background is resting against the mirror. I couldn't find a satisfactory way to get rid of that line without it being obvious, so once my instructor demonstrates how I might go about that (he asked me to leave as is for class) I will fix and re-post.

Single glass partial reflection

Two glasses, partial reflection

Single glass full reflection
I think the last one is my favorite. I wish the mirror I had been using had been bigger so I could have fit the full reflection in the second image also, but oh well. Sometimes you make do with what you have access to, right? In the second image I like the repetition of lines in the glasses when looking through them. I wanted to do 3 or 4, but there is a slight bend to the glass in the sides that becomes very obvious when more than 2 are stacked.

1 comment: